Paneer and Green Peas Burger ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 169 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56071 times
Your kids will jump with joy and thank you for this sumptuous treat! A succulent cutlet of paneer and coarsely crushed green peas gives an exciting twist to this crunchy, juicy, satiating burger. Eggless mayonnaise provides the required creaminess, while veggies and lettuce impart an enjoyable crunch to this Paneer and Green Peas Burger. Interestingly, this burger stays fresh in the tiffin box for around 5 hours, and can be comfortably sent to school for your kids, with all your love! Fat Free Wafers is a good accompaniment to the burger, so do pack some in another tiffin.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick flat cutlet.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with little oil. Cook the cutlets on it, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply a little butter on both the sides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a non-stick tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface and place a lettuce leaf over it.
- Spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise over it, place a cutlet, 2 tomato slices and 1 onion slice over it.
- Finally sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more burgers.
- Allow the burgers to cool completely, wrap in an aluminium foil and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Paneer & Green Peas Burger Video by Tarla Dalal
Paneer and Green Peas Burger ( Tiffin Treats) recipe with step by step photos
- Put the crumbled paneer in a clean, deep bowl. You can even grate the paneer if you wish, it works fine both ways.
- To this add the green peas. The peas are first washed, boiled and then drained. Then they are added to a blender and blended for a few seconds till coarsely crushed. We do not want the peas to be completely grinded up.
- Then add the boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes to the bowl.
- Now add the green chili paste and fresh coriander as well.
- Now add the bread crumbs and salt to taste. You can add fresh bread crumbs or even panko (dried) bread crumbs. This will help bind the Paneer and green pea mixture together.
- Mix the ingredients well with your hands till they combine properly.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick flat cutlet by rolling and shaping it between both your palms.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with little oil. We are going to pan fry these cutlets but if you wish you can even deep fry them by first coating them in a maida-water mixture and then in breadcrumbs like done in the Paneer and Corn Burger.
- Place the cutlets on the hot, greased tava.
- Cook them on both sides, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside. Since the patty is delicate, flip it using a spatula and a spoon to make it easier.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two using a serrated knife.
- Apply a little butter on the cut sides of each half of the burger bun.
- Toast them lightly on a non-stick tava (griddle).
- Apply butter on the other sides of each half of the burger bun.
- Toast that lightly as well and keep aside.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface.
- Spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise evenly over it.
- Place a lettuce leaf over it. This will give freshness and a light crunch.
- Over that, place a cutlet.
- Then place 2 tomato slices and 1 onion slice over it.
- Finally sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Cover with the upper half of the bun and press it lightly to keep all the stuffing from falling out.
- Repeat steps 1 to 12 to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve it with Masala French Fries and a Choco Shake to make a complete meal.
Nutrient values per burger
|Vitamin A||460.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||9 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.