Paneer and Capsicum On Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 426 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20969 times
Fresh cottage cheese with crisp capsicum and succulent onions, coated with more cheese and tangy overtures of tomato sauce, paneer and capsicum on toast is a versatile snack that can appease after-school hunger pangs just as well as it can start off a party menu! a simple job with the knife makes this easy-to-prepare snack also look very attractive!
- Stamp out rounds from the bread slices with a 40 mm. (1 1/2") diameter cutter.
- In every alternate round, make a hole in the centre with a 12 mm. (1/2") nozzle.
- On a greased baking tin, first arrange all the bread rounds without holes and then place the rounds with holes on top.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and bake in a hot oven at 200°c(400°f)for 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the buteer in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and saute on a medium flame ofr 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat. Add the paneer, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Spread a little of the filling on each uncut bread round and put back the cut round on top.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per round
|Vitamin A||225.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.