Paneer, Walnut and Celery Rolls, Healthy Diabetic Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20255 times
A crunchy snack that rates high on the health quotient too, these rolls bring in the goodness of a well-chosen array of ingredients including celery, walnuts, paneer and lettuce!
Whole wheat bread adds to the fibre content, making the dish an all-round winner. Remember to select really fresh bread slices for the true experience. And you could add a little cream or milk if you find the mixture slightly dry.
Do try other diabetic friendly snacks like Nutritious Burger or Paneer Tikka Kathi Rolls .
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the paneer and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cut and discard the crust of the bread slices.
- Press the slices a little, using a rolling pin. If they crack, steam the slices for 2 minutes in a dhokla steamer or a pressure cooker without the whistle and then roll out again. Keep aside.
- Combine the paneer, celery, walnuts, green chillies and mustard powder (add salt if required), mix well and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Place a bread slice on a dry, flat surface, spread a portion of the paneer mixture on it evenly and top with a few lettuce pieces.
- Roll up tightly and secure the roll by inserting a toothpick.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices and paneer mixture to make 3 more rolls. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Just before serving, cut each roll into 2 pieces and serve immediately.
- You can make a delicious sandwich using the same filling mixture.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 30 calories|
|Protein|| 1.7 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 3.7 gm|
|Fat|| 0.9 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 0.1 mg|
|Iron|| 0.2 mg|
|Folic acid|| 1.0 mcg|
|Zinc|| 0.1 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.