Paneer Sandwich Bake
by Foodie #527975
This recipe has been viewed 4110 times
- Heat the oil in a fry pan. Fry onion and garlic till fragrant.
- Add zucchini and eggplant slices and stir fry till they are cooked but not mushy.
- Add curry powder and stir fry for few seconds.
- Add paneer, tomato ketchup, and salt. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Melt the butter for sauce and fry Maida till the raw smell is lost, without browning it.
- Remove from fire, slowly stir in cold milk, mixing well all the time, to avoid lumps.
- Cook the sauce stirring well, till it just begins to boil.
- Stir in 1/2 the cheddar cheese. Add salt, pepper and mustard powder.
- Grease an 8" square oven proof glass dish.
- Trim away the crust from 6-8 slices of bread.
- Butter half the slices and line the base of the dish with them, buttered side down.
- Spread the paneer vegetable mixture over it. Place a layer of bread over it.
- Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat the egg (optional) lightly and pour on top.
- Dot with butter and bake in a hot oven (200 C) till golden brown on top. Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #527975 on 01 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.