Paneer Sandwich Aloo Pakoda
by Foodie #639206
This recipe has been viewed 2395 times
Juicy paneer and soft potatoes will make these pakodas children's favourite. The inner core iscomposed of successive layers of paneer melts smoothly on the tongue. Packing mint chutney between the paneer slices eliminates their blandness and also helps salt seep inside effectively. Potato covering gives our preparation a firm shape and helps paneer retain its softness. Inserting a toothpick through the layers assists the chef in holding the pieces together while dipping them in besan batter. Sprinkling chaat masala makes them tangy.
Team up the pakodas with sweet-and-sour tamarind chutney and enjoy them hot with a simmering cup of ginger tea.
- Soak tamarind in 250 ml water for 2 hours.
- Remove seed and take out the pulp.
- Mix jaggery to it and boil for 5 minutes.
- Cool and add cumin powder and salt.Keep aside.
- Cut rectangular pieces of paneer (4cm X 4cm X 1cm).
- Spread 1 tsp of mint chutney over a piece of paneer and place another piece over it. Press gently.
- Join all pairs of paneer pieces this way and keep in refrigerator for an hour.
- Sieve besan to remove lumps. Add water and mix thoroughly till a thick batter like consistency is obtained.
- Add haldi powder, ginger and garlic paste, dhaniya powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt to it, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a potato roundel and place one paneer pair (the ones which had been placed in refrigerator after applying mint chutney).
- Place another potato roundel over the paneer pair.
- Join all the four layers by inserting a tooth pick through them.
- Lift the pakoda gently with the help of toothpick and dip in the batter of besan. Cover all sides evenly.
- Deep fry in oil on a medium flame.
- Remove the toothpick.
- Cut the pakoda into half with a knife and sprinkle chaat masala over it
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #639206 on 19 Oct 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.