Paneer Potli and Curry
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5857 times
Paneer (potli) and curry is a novel vegetable or paneer recipe with paneer and palak(cottage cheese and spinach) potli(bags or pouches) cooked in a coconut based gravy. Delicious, healthy and quite appealing in looks, paneer potli and curry is simply irrestible!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a firm dough, using water only if necessary.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal portions and roll out each portion into thin circle of approximately 25 mm. (1") diameter.
- Place 1/2 tsp of the stuffing mixture at the centre of each circle.
- Brush the sides of the circles with a little cold water and seal the edges to make potlis.
- Keep aside.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 2 tbsp of water and add it to the coconut milk, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cinnamon, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli paste, coconut milk-cornflour mixture, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Bring the mixture to boil, add the prepared potlis and simmer for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 03 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.