Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9407 times
A mouthwatering paneer recipe cooked in true Peshawari style of cooking, paneer Peshawari brings the authentic taste of Peshawari cuisine on your tables.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add jeera seeds & allow to crackle.
- Then add in the chopped onions and sauti until light brown.
- Add ginger - garlic paste + chopped tomatoes.
- Cook till the oil surfaces on top.
- Dilute the turmeric powder + jeera powder + garam masala powder + pepper powder in 2 tbsp water & add to the gravy.
- Also add in the chopped green chillies.
- Bhuno the masala for 2 mins.
- Then add in the sliced onions + tomatoes + capsicum + 8-10 tbsp water.
- Mix & cook for a couple of mins.
- Then add in the cashewnut paste + butter + salt to taste.
- Mix well & cook for 2-3 mins.
- Finally add in the cream + crushed kasoori methi + paneer cubes & cook for a further 5 mins or until the paneer heats thru & becomes soft.
- Check & adjust the seasoning.
- Dish out the "paneer peshwari" in a bowl.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, sprinkle with crushed kasoori methi.
This recipe was contributed by bhaviniparekh2001 on 03 Jun 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.