by Amarendra Mulye
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4913 times
Paneer makhanwala is a popular punjabi gravy-based dish made from butter and fresh cream. Traditionally, onions are not used in this recipe. However, i have used onions, cashews and dahi (curd) to give the gravy a velvety texture. You can serve this dish with roti, kulcha, naan or paratha and enjoy its wonderful flavour.
Add your private note
Paneer Makhanwalla recipe - How to make Paneer Makhanwalla
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- Heat oil and butter in a pan, add the onions and saute till it changes its colour.
- Add the cashews and saute for a minute or two.
- Allow the mixture to cool for some time.
- Add some curds, mix well and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, adding water if required.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan, add ginger paste, garlic paste and green chilli paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree, mix well and saute till it starts leaving oil from the sides.
- Add the prepared onion-cashew paste, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and honey and mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Add fresh cream and simmer for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add paneer cubes and par-boiled green peas, cover and cook on a slow flame for 5-8 minutes so that the paneer soaks the gravy.
- Transfer it into a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander and drizzle some fresh cream.
- Serve hot with indian breads like roti, naan or kulcha.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 04 Apr 2012I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.