Paneer Makhanwala By Bhaviniparekh2001
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19843 times
Paneer makhanwal, fried paneer cubes dipped in a rich butter and cream gravy. It is best served with parathas and naans.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and deep fry the paneer till it turns light golden in colour from all the sides. Remove on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Grind the onions, ginger and garlic to a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of ghee (use the one, in which paneer was fried) in a heavy saucepan, add the cloves, bayleaf, cardamom and cinnamon and fry for 3-4 seconds on a medium flame.
- Add the grounded paste and saute till the paste turns to golden brown in colour on a medium flame.
- Add the dry masalas, salt, sugar and tomato puree, mix well and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the cream, butter, dried fenugreek leaves, paneer pieces, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with coriander and grated paneer or cheese.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by bhaviniparekh2001 on 04 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.