Paneer Makhanwala ( Jain Recipe)
by Foodie #48100
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62117 times
The paneer makhanwala is a tempting paneer or cottage cheese recipe with a typical jain touch.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan, add 5 cashews and saute till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Add the quartered tomato and cabbage to the same oil and saute till the cabbage turns soft.
- Remove from the flame, cool and blend in a mixer along with the remaining cashewnuts till smooth, using little water. Keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan, add the capsicum and tomatoes and saute for a minute.
- Add all dry masalas, grounded paste and flour (dissolved in 1 tbsp water) and mix well.
- Cook till the gravy turns thick and add the sugar and salt.
- Add paneer, fried cashews, butter, cream, mix gently.
- Pour into serving dish, garnish with grated paneer, coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 03 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.