by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8786 times
Paneer and sweet corn are an evergreen favourite, whether the duo goes into a pizza, pasta, pulao or in this case a subzi. This dish is surprisingly very easy to prepare, when you compare it with the exhilarating flavour it gives! The Paneer Makai is made of everyday ingredients, and also pools in capsicum for an exciting crunch and punchy flavour. Have this subzi fresh and hot with your favourite paratha.
- Combine the sweet corn and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same broad non-stick pan, add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the corn mixture, ½ cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sautéed paneer and capsicum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot with parathas.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||509.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.7 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.