Paneer Koftas in Palak Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 93 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38295 times
Paneer and palak are a match made in heaven! Their textures, colours, flavours, all complement each other beautifully, bringing out the best of both.
Paneer Koftas in Palak Gravy is a quick, easy and tasty recipe of paneer koftas bathed in a richly-flavoured spinach gravy. The koftas are ready in a jiffy because they are cooked in the Microwave – no steaming, no deep-frying.
The spinach gravy, flavoured with a paste of coconut and spices, is also cooked swiftly using the microwave. Overall, it is quite a convenient dish and can be made on any day.
The gravy can also be made in advance, but the koftas must be added just before serving. Relish this wonderful dish with rotis or rice.
You can also try your hand at making other recipes like the Oondhiya or Pad Thai.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape into even-sized balls.
- Place the balls on a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds and cornflour in a bowl and mi well. Keep aside.
- Combine the spinach and 2 tbsp of water in a deep microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Combine the spinach and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Combine the ghee and oil in another deep microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the curds-cornflour mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the blended spinach, prepared paste, sugar, milk and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared koftas to the spinach gravy, mix gently and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.