Paneer Koftas By Premataranga
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8833 times
Paneer kofta is a potato and paneer kofta curry (besan coated dumplings) simmered in a rich and spicy tomato based gravy.
- Grate the paneer and mix well with the mashed potatoes.
- Add the salt and coriander and cumin seeds powder, mix well and divide the mixture into equal portions.
- Shape each portion into small round balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till golden brown form all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Soak the cashewnuts and khus-khus in luke warm milk and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste along with the milk. Keep aside.
- Combine the onions and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add onion-green chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste and saute till oil separates.
- Add tumeric powder add the cashewnut paste and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and garam masala along with 4 cups of water and bring it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and add lemon juice.
- Just before serving, add the koftas to the gravy and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by premataranga on 02 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.