Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17727 times
A delightful paneer dish, the paneer jalfrezi has the paneer cubes tossed with chopped deseeded tomatoes and capsicum slices in a rich and delicious gravy. The subtly spiced paneer jalfrezi is best paired with parathas as a party special dish for family gatherings.
- Cut the paneer into 2" long pieces and keep aside.
- De-seed the tomatoes and capsicums and cut them into 2" long slices with 1/4" width. Keep aside.
- Cut the onions into thick slices and separate the layers. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add ginger julienne, green chillies and onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix well and add the capsicum pieces and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add the paneer fingers and toss gently.
- Add salt and vinegar and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and garam masala powder, mix well and cook till the capsicum turns soft,
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by tiwari_anuja on 02 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.