Paneer Fritters ( Starter Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 311 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84036 times
Paneer fritters are a unique preparation of chilli garlic flavoured paneer coated with crushed papad and deep-fried to perfect golden brown. The innovative use of papad instead of bread crumbs makes it all the more crisp and flavourful. It is a wonderful accompaniment to tea or juice and will be loved by all.
- Put the paneer in a plate and knead well.
- Add the salt, garlic, chilli powder, tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2") long cylindrical roll. Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour with ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well.
- Dip each roll into the flour-water paste and then roll in the crushed papad and deep-fry in hot oil till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per fritter
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.