Paneer Do Pyaza, Semi Dry Indian Veg
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3658 times
Paneer do Pyaza is a classic Indian semi-dry subzi , which combines the juicy succulence of onions with the richness of paneer.
A wide gamut of spices and spice powders gives the subzi a very attractive aroma and flavour, while a splash of fresh cream adds to its richness.
Although this dish uses several ingredients, you will find that all these are readily available in your kitchen at all times, and the cooking time for this dish is also low. So, you can make it easily on any day without having to plan much ahead.
Go for it with roti or pulao ! You can also try other subzis like Subzi Pasanda and Subzi Ka Salan .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the finely chopped onions and dry red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala, fresh cream, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the boiled onion cubes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||363.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.