Paneer Chana Seekh Kebab ( Paneer Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
पनीर चना सीख कबाब
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Paneer Chana Seekh Kebab ( Paneer Snacks ) in Hindi)
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40424 times
A delicate combination of grated paneer and chana dal, with a faint trace of carom seeds! relish these seekh kebabs with mint chutney and a dip of your choice.
- Combine the chana dal and 1 cup of water in a pan and cook on a medium flame till all the water dries up. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the cooked dal and the marinade in a bowl and mix well.
- Pound this mixture using a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta) and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a kadhai, add the carom seeds and stir for 30 seconds. Add the chilli flakes, coriander, mint leaves and sauté on a slow flame for another 30 seconds.
- Add the pounded dal mixture, mix well and cook on a low flame till the mixture is completely dry. Keep aside to cool for a while.
- Add the paneer and salt and knead into stiff dough, ensuring that the mixture is as dry as as possible.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Brush the skewers using the remaining oil and shape a portion of the dough into 50 mm. (2”) long kebabs, directly onto the skewers.
- Brush little oil on the kebab and cook in a tandoor for 5 minutes or till the kababs are light brown in colour from all sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with lemon slices , hot and sweet dip.
- Ensure that the chana dal doesn’t get overcooked to avoid the kebabs from getting soggy and to retain a dry crispy texture. Also ensure that the dough is not over-kneaded since too much kneading will make the mixture soft and will not stay on the skewer.
Nutrient values per kebab
|Vitamin A||109.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.