Paneer Butter Masala Subzi
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20447 times
A rich indian delicacy which is a very commom item that people order at restaurants. It goes very well with hot rotis or phulkas. It is originally a punjabi dish also known as paneer makhni.
- Heat the butter in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds and fennel seeds, cinnamon stick and green cardamom.
- Once the cumin seeds start to crackle add 1/2 tsp of hing.
- Next we add the finely chopped onions and green chillies and saute of 5 to 6 minutes till the onions are light golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and mix well till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Add the tomato puree and mix well for 5 to 6 minutes for the masala to get incorporated with the puree.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes and mix gently for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and water and mix well.
- Cover the pan or wok with a lid and let it cook on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Before serving add the fresh cream and give it a stir. (optional)
- Serve hot with rotis or phulkas.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 11 Jun 2018Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.