Paneer Butter Masala, Indian Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88448 times
As the name suggests, this dish is very rich. The soft paneer chunks dunked in a rich tomato based gravy is a must for all those who love paneer.
Even if had with just Parathas or Phulkas it gives you the satisfaction of having had a wholesome and tasty meal. If you wish you can serve along with Bhindi Do Pyaza , Masalawali Toovar Dal , Rice and Cabbage Kachumber .
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the ground paste and cook till it is light brown in colour.
- Add the chilli powder and tomato pulp and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the cumin seed powder, garam masala and ½ cup of water and cook for some time till the oil separates from the masala. Keep aside.
- In another pan, melt the butter, add the fenugreek seeds and onions and cook till the onions are lightly browned.
- Add this to the tomato gravy, along with the honey, milk, cream, paneer and salt and allow it to come to a boil.
- Serve hot with rotis or parathas.
- Approximately 4 large tomatoes yield 2 cups tomato pulp.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.