Paneer Amritsari By Navaashi
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13386 times
Paneer amritsari is a tempting paneer or cottage cheese recipe with a typical punjabi touch.
- Cut the paneer into 1"x1"x1" cubes and keep aside.
- Combine the flour, salt, ginger, garlic, turmeric, ajwain, garam and tandoori masalas in a bowl and mix well to make a thick paste, adding 2-3 tbsp. Water if required.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil and mix well.
- Use 2 tbsp mixture to marinate onions, and rest to marinate paneer cubes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the paneer and onions till golden brown and crisp or grill on a bar-e-que skewer or grill mesh till crisp and brown.
- Heat the remaining oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till light brown.
- Add marinate paste, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fried paneer, chilli, anardhana powder, sugar and salt and toss well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by navaashi on 02 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.