by Aditya Vikram Shah
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2689 times
A taste of Afghanistan for your taste buds if you are bored with the regular variants of Paneer curries. Serve with bread or rice.
- In a food processor or grinder, add almonds, cumin seeds and poppy seeds and grind to a coarse powder.
- Add the powder to curd along with green chilli paste, garam masala, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tbsp garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add paneer cubes to the curd mixture.
- Mix well making sure the paneer does not crumble and the curd mix coats all the paneer cubes.
- Let that marinate for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Arrange the cubes one by one on a grill pan and grill for 15 minutes or until the outside of the paneer is golden brown.
- Alternatively, if you don't have a grill pan, you can bake the same @ 200c for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Don't discard the yogurt mixture leftover. Mix well with milk and set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and add cinnamon, onions and saute until the onions are golden brown.
- Add tomato puree, water and mix well. Let it boil and reduce to half.
- Now, add the curd-milk mixture to the pan and mix well. Let that again come to a boil.
- Add the paneer pieces to the gravy and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander or parsley leaves and serve hot with rice or bread.
This recipe was contributed by Aditya Vikram Shah on 27 Jun 2015I like to read books, listening to soft music and riding my bike along the river banks while its rai...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.