This recipe has been viewed 2792 times
Panchkuti dal presents a lovely blend of five (panch) different dals which are all unique in their taste, texture and health benefits. Laden with the goodness of all these lentils, the panchkuti dal is rich in nutrients, taste and is also an eye catching lentil dish.
Add your private note
Panchkutti Dal recipe - How to make Panchkutti Dal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 10 minutesMakes 5 to 6 servings
- Wash all the dals. Soak for 1 hour and then drain.
- Add 5 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker until soft.
- Heat the oil and fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon and cloves until they begin to crackle.
- Add the curry leaves, red chillies, ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and garam masala, the dals, coriander, lemon juice and salt and boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 01 Nov 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.