by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23055 times
Gujarati shaak with a fresh green masala! Oh, you don't like green colour? No problem, just skip the coriander and coconut and you're left with a red masala. Do as you choose! Either way, there is not much compromise on the recipe's nutrient value, which is thanks to the healthy combination of veggies. Ensure that you cook the vegetables covered and on a low flame so that all the flavours are retained.
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, all the vegetables, salt and ½ cup of water and stir for a few minutes.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the vegetables are almost cooked, add the soya chunks and the prepared masala mixture and mix well.
- Cover and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes till the vegetables are done.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.