Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34065 times
You can clearly notice five flavourful shades, or more, in this tongue-tickling Panchamrut! A delectable subzi of capsicum perked up with an aromatic powder of dry roasted sesame seeds and peanuts, this dish is further enhanced with a unique combination of ingredients including coconut, jaggery and tamarind pulp. Such a sweet and sour flavour, commonly found in Konkan and Maharashtrian cuisine, is sure to tickle the taste buds and improve your appetite! Enjoy this Maharashtrian delicacy hot and fresh, with rotis.
- Dry roast the peanuts in a small non-stick pan on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds and roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetdia and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut, chilli powder, turmeric powder and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the peanut-sesame powder and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the jaggery, tamarind pulp, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with chapatis.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||317.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||93.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.