by Tarla Dalal
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Panchamel Khichdi in Gujarati)
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35481 times
Wholesome and filling, the Panchamel Khichdi is more than a meal in a bowl! With rice and four different dals, cooked along with a basketful of crunchy vegetables, tomatoes and spice powders, this Khichdi features myriad textures, flavours and colours, making it a delight to behold and relish.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice and dals in a deep bowl for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, tomatoes, rice, dals, salt and 3 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot with fresh curds and papad.
Panchamel Khichdi Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.