Panch Kuti Dal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5617 times
Panch kuti dal presents a party special lentil preparation which is moderately spiced up and comprises of a mix of five different lentils. These panch kuti dals are cooked together with onions, tomatoes, chillies and garam masala powder and relished with parathas.
- Combine all the dals, ginger and salt and enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or till dals are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the curry leaves and green chillies and onion and saute till onions turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add the roasted cumin powder and salt and saute for a minute. Add cooked mixed dal, mix well and bring the dal to boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by priti_usa on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.