Pancakes with Glazed Apples and Pears
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4961 times
Do not over mix the pancakes. the lumps will get cooked on the skillet but over mixing will turn the pancakes chewy.
Add your private note
Pancakes with Glazed Apples and Pears recipe - How to make Pancakes with Glazed Apples and Pears
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
For the pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour1 tsp sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup whole milk1 tbsp oil1 tbsp water1 tsp vanilla extract2 tbsp butter
For the Glazed Apples and Pears
3 small apples (about 1 1/4 pounds)
3 pears (about 1 1/4 pounds) 1 tbsp lemon juice1/4 cup unsalted butter3 tbsp sugar
Grated zest of 2 oranges, plus their juice 2 three " long stick cinnamon (dalchini)
- For the glazed apples and pears
- Peel, core, and cut both the apples and pears into 3/4-inch wedges. in a medium bowl, toss the fruit with the lemon juice.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. add the sugar, orange zest, and
- Cinnamon sticks and stir until sugar is dissolved. add the fruit, increase the heat to medium-high, and cook, shaking the pan frequently, until glazed, about 10 minutes.
- Raise the heat to high, add the orange juice, and cook until the fruit is easily pierced with a knife, about 1 minute more.serve warm.
- For the pancakes
- Combine dry ingredients and mix slightly. add milk, oil, water, and vanilla. whisk
- Together until just combined. be careful not to over mix - it should still be slightly lumpy.
- Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. while pan is heating, add butter. as soon as the butter is melted, add melted butter to pancake batter.
- Return pan to stove and stir butter into batter.
- When pan is hot,pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface. carefully flip pancakes with spatula and cook until golden brown. sift the confectioners' sugar over the pancake. serve immediately with maple syrup, glazed apples and pears.
This recipe was contributed by mugdhamayuri on 16 Mar 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.