Pancakes Stuffed with Baked Beans and Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 263 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25024 times
The contrasting flavours and textures of the pancake’s stuffing and the white sauce that it is topped with, makes the Pancakes Stuffed with Baked Beans and Vegetables a feast worth many compliments!
Luscious pancakes are stuffed with a tangy and crunchy mixture of sautéed veggies and baked beans, topped with creamy white sauce and cheese, and baked till the toppings melt and coat the pancakes, resulting in an exotic and praiseworthy creation!
Enjoy these pancakes as a One Meal Dinner or to create a meal combo serve with Mexican Minestrone and Mexican Fried Rice .
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter on a greased non-stick tava (griddle) and rotate in a circular motion to get a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle.
- When the pancake begins to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook on the other side till light golden brown spots appear.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the baked beans, chilli powder, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, place a portion of the stuffing on one end of the pancake, sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Fold over it to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to stuff 3 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Take a flat baking dish, place 4 stuffed pancakes on it, pour the white sauce evenly over it. Finally sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp of cheese over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||514.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||47.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.