Pancakes, Basic Pancake Without Eggs, Eggless Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 192 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57868 times
Pancakes are as indispensable to western food as rotis and dosas are to us in India!
They may be had for breakfast with a dollop of honey, a blob of butter and a scoop of fresh jam, or they may form the base for other desserts or savoury preparations. Here is an easy way to make eggless pancakes at home.
- Mix the plain flour, cornflour, milk, salt and 1/2 cup of water. Mix very well until no lumps remain.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5") diameter non-stick pan with the butter.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- When the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat for the remaining batter, greasing the pan with butter when required.
- Pancakes can be made ahead of time and stored in plastic film.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.