Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1991 times
Recreate the magical and nutritious palaldahi dal with whole green gram or chilka wali moong. The dal is cooked along with palak leaves and then simmered in a tomato-curd mixture which has been spiced up aptly with green chillies, spice powders and garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- Soak dal for ten minutes.
- Combine the dal and spinach along with turmeric powder and salt in a pressure cooker, add water and pressure cook for two whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the coriander seeds, asafoetida and onions and saute till onions turn pink.
- Add the red chilli powder and green chillies and saute fpr few seconds.
- Add 2 tsp water, curds and tomatoes and saute for 3 min mirch and hari mirch add two tsp water.
- Pour this tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vimimehta on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.