Palak ki Kadhi
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9923 times
A tasty iron filled gravy recipe made from palak. This recipe goes very well with plain rice.
- Steam and blend the leaves in to puree.
- Add besan to curd and make a smooth mixture by adding some water.
- Heat oil in a karahi.
- Add cumin,when it cracles,add hing and then add chopped chilli and ginger.
- Saute for a while.
- Then add spinach puree, chilli powder.
- Saute again for 2 min.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Then add curd,besan mixture.
- Keep stirring,and add enough water.
- Bring to boil.
- Slow the flame.and leave to simmer for 45 min.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Kadhi should not be very thick nor to runny,adjust water as required.
- Serve hot,pouring ghee on the top.
This recipe was contributed by neerisha on 08 Sep 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.