Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10094 times
A cooling and nutritious Palak raita is prepared with chopped spinach, beaten curd, roasted cumin seed powder and then tempered with mustard seeds and chillies. A great dip or accompaniment to any meal, palak raita offers a tasty way of adding greens in diet.
- Cook palak without adding water for 5 minutes and keep aside
- In little oil fry green chilly till it soft and keep aside. now in the same oil add hing and musturd seeds when it crackled put into a grated coconut.
- Now grind coconut, musturd seeds, hing and green chilly in to a fine paste.
- Beat curd and grinded paste. add salt for taste.
- Now chop palak and mix in to curd.
- Serve with pulav or parathas.
This recipe was contributed by Hima66 on 22 Mar 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.