Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47639 times
Simply add chopped palak or spinach leaves along with an array of spice powders in the wheat flour dough and you have the perfect Palak puris on the table. Relish the deep fried puffed puris which are green in color and are traditionally enjoyed with thin aloo curry and pickle.
- Prepare first dough with ingredients given above.
- Cover with a fine masline cloth &keep aside.
- Crush the ginger,garlic,greenchillies to a fine paste.
- Chop onions in lengthwise.
- Take 1½tsp oil,fry cummin
- Add the paste above,let it cook for 2 min.
- Add chopped onions,fry till golden colour&add masala,chillipowder,salt fry for 2 minfinally add chopped palak,turmeric&cook untill it is done on a low flame.
- Now stuff is ready!
- Prepare small equal sized balls(just like poris)with whole dough.
- For each palakpori needs 2 small balls.
- Make small poris&stuff with above palak mixture inthe centre&cover with the other pori,fix the edges with little water.make all poris like same process.
- Heat oil and deep fry palak poris to golden brown colour.
This recipe was contributed by devi.m on 15 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.