Palak Paneer ( Cottage Cheese in Spinach Sauce)
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2572 times
Taste, health and nutrition at it's best in this dish.
- In a vessel heat 8 cups of water and cook the spinach leaves for about 3 to 4 minutes max.
- Immediately drain the hot water and refresh the spinach leaves with cold water.
- Put the spinach leaves in a blender and blend for 1 to 2 minutes to make the puree.
- In a pan heat 1 tsp of oil. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, onions, garlic, green chilli, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well.
- Once all the masala is nicely cooked add the curd and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach puree and mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes and gently mix it with the gravy.
- Cover the lid of the pan and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with naan, rotis or phulkas.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 21 Jan 2014Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.