Palak Makai Khaas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18930 times
A rich preparation of spinach and sweet corn, cooked with a wide assortment of ingredients ranging from coconut for texture to fenugreek leaves for a lilting aroma that one cannot resist... indeed, the Palak Makai Khaas is a luxuriant dish perfect for a Indian Party Recipes What makes this Palak Makai Khaas unique though is that, despite its intense and indulgent taste, it is not too complex or difficult to prepare. Once you methodically keep all the ingredients ready, it would take just minutes to prepare because both palak and sweet corn cook quickly. Serve it hot and fresh with your favourite Parathas Roti or puri.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- Blend the spinach in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves and desiccated coconut and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes or till the coconut turns light brown in colour.
- Add the spinach purée, sweet corn, roasted cumin seeds powder, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occassionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3836.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||96.4 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.