Palak Makai Khaas ( Swadisht Subzian)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20706 times
Spinach and sweet corn are a great combination in any form – pulao, sandwich, subzi or khaas! This is because they complement each other suitably in texture, colour and flavour making the overall effect very tempting indeed. Here, they come together in a very flavourful desi recipe, along with onions, coconut, kasuri methi and other spices. Serve the Palak Makai Khaas fresh and hot with any Indian bread of your choice, and soak in the tasteful experience.
- Blanch the spinach in hot water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- Allow the spinach to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée using ¼ cup of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the kasuri methi, desiccated coconut and ginger-green chilli paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach purée, corn kernels, cumin seeds powder, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3836.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||96.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.