Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8153 times
A delicious way of adding lentils and vegetables like spinach or palak in one dish, palak kootu is a south indian curry recipe with moong dal and palak leaves. The cooked dal and palak kottu is tempered with mustard seeds, chillies and curry leaves and relished with rice.
- Combine the moong dal and spinach and pressure cook the for 3 whistles. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a kadhai and add the coconut, cumin seeds and red chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Cool and blend in a mixer, using little water, till smooth.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in pan and add the mustard seeds , cumin seeds and the curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cooked spinach and moong dal and mix well.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt, mix well and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the prepared paste and boil for few more minutes.
- Serve hot with rice and papad.
This recipe was contributed by anandha on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.