Palak Egg Roti
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7214 times
Palak egg roti is a healthy roti recipe with the palak(spinach) puree added to the dough mix. The pocket shaped roti is filled with egg mixture and roasted on a hot tawa with oil. Relish palak egg roti with sauce or chutney of choice.
- Combine the wheat flour, spinach puree, chilli powder and salt in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using water if required.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of 6" diameter.
- Heat a non-stick tava, place a roti and fold it first length wise and then breadth wise.
- Cook the roti on tava such that it forms a pocket.
- Break an egg in the pocket of the roti and cook again, using little oil, till the egg is cooked and roti forms golden spots on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining rotis and eggs to make more such rotis.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by janhavi_sukh on 07 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.