by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41313 times
Kabuli chana or chick peas are often served at “gurudwaras”. Simply prepared they are cooked in a blend of masalas and served with puris. This just shows that the tasty chana requires almost no effort as it can taste brilliant when combined with any other ingredients. Here the kabuli chana has been added to a spinach based gravy after being cooked to perfection by adding some baking powder.
- Clean, wash and soak the kabuli chana overnight.
- Next day, wash again, drain, add 11/4 cups of water and salt and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles. Keep aside to cool.
- Heat a vesselful of water and blanch the spinach leaves in it for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and ginger and mix well.
- Reduce the flame and cook until the ghee separates.
- Add the kabuli chana along with the water and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach purée, lemon juice, punjabi garam masala and coriander powder and stir well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.