Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1631 times
Pal kozhukkattai is an authentic South Indian payasam or kheer recipe with rice flour balls simmered in a thick coconut based sweet syrup.
- Take 1 cup of rice flour and add warm water and mix it into a thick dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls.
- In a pan heat 2 cups of water. when its very hot add the rolled ballas and cook for about 5 to 8 mins.
- In a small cup add 2 tbsp of rice flour in water and add this mixture into the boiling water.
- To this add sugar, cardamom powdered and coconut.
- Cook for 2 to 3 mins. if you want more sugar you can add.
- Serve hot or cold.
This recipe was contributed by rajikutty on 23 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.