Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34252 times
Bring an authentic punjabi touch to your table by serving this mouthwatering traditional punjabi pakoda kadi recipe. The gram flour based pakodas are deep fried and then simmered in a thick curd based curry recipe. Relish with steamed rice.
- Combine 1 cup besan with water, salt, turmeric powder and mix well to make a smooth batter so that no lumps remain.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and drop a spoonful of batter and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Combine the butter milk, besan, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well so that no lumps remain and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds, garlic, ginger, kadipatta and onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add this to the buttermilk mixture and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pakodas, mix well and cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by rashmi.sing on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.