by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35907 times
Delicious palak pakodas soaked in tangy kadhi.
- Mix the spinach leaves, besan, chilli powder, cumin seeds, soda bi-carb and salt with enough water in a bowl to make a soft dough.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and shape into even-sized rounds.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and deep-fry the pakodas over a medium flame till they are golden brown.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Beat the curds and besan till smooth and free of lumps. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, onions and garlic and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the curds and besan mixture, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil whilst stirring continuously.
- Just before serving, add the palak pakodas to the hot kadhi and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1152.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||50.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.