by Shailaja Reddy
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5447 times
It is uncooked pulusu. It reduces our body heat during summer. It is curry like stew.
This is popular in Andhra Pradesh.
- In a bowl collect, combine the extracted tamarind juice, prepared paste, jaggery, water and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, red chillies and asafoetida and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add this tempering to the tamarind water.
- Add chopped onions and mix well.
- Serve with Ven pongal.
This recipe was contributed by Shailaja Reddy on 29 Jan 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.