Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1841 times
Lightly fried dough of besn and meaid a mixed with fenugreek leaves and chilli powder.
- Mix besan, salt, chilli powder and oil well.
- Knead the mixture into dough. knead for about five minutes.
- Add the methi leaves.
- knead for another three minutes.
- Make the dough into a big round ball and throw the dough on the plate to soften it. this should be done for about seven minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan, on very high heat.
- While oil is heating, rub some oil on your palm and roll out the dough into a long strip one inch thick.
- Cut the roll into inch size pieces.
- keep rubbing oil on your palms to keep the roll moist.
- Flatten each piece out into a round shape and roll it into small chapatis.
- Lightly dust both sides of the papris with maida.
- Fry very lightly, turning the flame from medium to low as required.
- do not let the papris turn brown or red. they should look golden yellow when ready. drain oil.
- Serve with curd and tamarind chutney.
This recipe was contributed by j_surbhi21 on 25 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.