Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2167 times
Paalak koftas or gram flour coated spinach dumplings are simmered in a cooked in a creamy rich tomato based gravy. The palak kofta offer a great way of adding the iron and calcium rich palak in your menu with this delicious kofta curry recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small equal sized balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Boil spinach and blend into a puree. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and the ginger-green chilli paste and saute till the onions turn light pink.
- Add the tomatoes and add coriander, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder and garam masala and saute for 5 mins.
- Add the spinach and fresh cream and little milk and mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the koftas to the gravy.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by pkrohera on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.