Paal Payasam By Pearlie
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5068 times
Paal payasam or as is commonly known as rice kheer is a thickened sweet milk based dessert recipe with rice. Enjoy the payasama fter a lavish meal garnished with chopped nuts, elaichi powder and raisins.
Add your private note
Paal Payasam By Pearlie recipe - How to make Paal Payasam By Pearlie
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hoursMakes 4 servings
- Broil the rice (without ghee) in a dry kadai over low heat to a golden brown.
- Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Wash and drain and keep aside.
- Put the rice in a pressure cooker add the 3 cups of milk and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook till the rice is soft and dissolves in the milk.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well.
- Add the fried cashew nuts, raisins and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with saffron, almonds and pistachios.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.