Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1304 times
The same recipe can be prepared using jaggery. it resembles kheer.
- Soak rice for about 1 1/2 hrs.
- Grind it in to fine paste with 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water.
- Take a heavy base pan and and 2 teasp milk and 1 teasp oil a pich of salt and the ground rice and keep stirring until you get a thick ball.cover it cool for some time.
- Knead it in to soft dough.
- Prepare small size balls out of it.
- Bring 1 cup of milk to a boil in a seperate pan.
- When it is boiling add the balls in to it.
- Mean while in a seperate pan add the rest of milk and sugar when the sugar is dissolved and it is boiling add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 mins.
- When the balls are cooked add the milk and coconut mixture to it. add saffron and elaichi.
This recipe was contributed by suganthi on 02 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.