This recipe has been viewed 2446 times
Here's a simple, crispy Rava dosa recipe that can be made instantly. Learn how to make tasty, crispy Rava dosa with semolina and rice flour blended together. Serve Rava ka dosa with coconut chutney.
- Soak the rice in water.
- Soak the dal and methi together.
- Let them to stand atleast for 4 hrs.
- Rinse them 3 or 4 times.
- Grind the dal(methi) first until soft by using cold water.
- Grind the rice nicely with cooked rice and shredded coconut.
- Add the salt and mix all together.if you have coconut water,you can add whne you mix the batter.
- Allow it to puff.it will take minimum 8hrs to puff.
- Before you make appams,take the milk from the coconut(incuding elaychi),by grinding with warm water and by squeezing it.
- Do grind the squeezed coconut again with some warm water and squeeze it.you can make 3 to 4 cups of cococnut milk.
- Filter the milk and mix the sugar.
- Heat the aappam pan or a kadai.
- Make the puffed batter watery by adding water.
- When the pan is heated,scoop the batter into the pan, take the pan and roll it in a clock or anticlock wise.
- Place the pan on the stove,
- You can see a thin layer over the walls and more batter on the bottom.
- Cover the pan,cook it in the medium low heat.
- After 2 mints, check it up.you can find whether it is cooked are not.
- Take it out,do the same thing to make more aapams.
- It will be like the thin layer of pettals around a thick soft centre part.it will catch your eyes by the white color .
- Serve it with coconut milk or egg curry (options)!!
This recipe was contributed by jolu on 20 Jun 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.