Paakatle Rava Ladoo
by Amarendra Mulye
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1986 times
Rava Ladu or Semolina Laddus is a traditional maharashtrian recipe which can be made in many different ways, but the basic two recipes include 'Paakatle Ladu' (Laddus cooked in Sugar Syrup) and 'Baithe Ladu' (Made with Sugar powder). I have also added freshly grated coconut as an additional ingredient.
Add your private note
Paakatle Rava Ladoo recipe - How to make Paakatle Rava Ladoo
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 15 minutesMakes 4 serving
- Take 3 and 1/2 cups sugar in a pan.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups of water in it, heat it on medium flame till it gets single string consistency.
- To check whether the sugar syrup has reached single thread consistency, take a drop of sugar syrup between thumb and forefinger.
- When separated, you will find a single thread between thumb and forefinger.
- This indicates that sugar syurp of single thread consistency is ready.
- Add cardamom powder and almonds and pistachio flakes to the syrup.
- Mix the ghee and semolina in a pan.
- Roast ghee and semolina mixture on low flame till it slightly changes its colour.
- This process takes approx. 45 minutes.
- When the semolina starts releasing aroma add grated coconut to the mixture and saute it for further 10 minutes.
- Then pour sugar syrup into the mixture.
- Turn off the flame and add some raisins also.
- Allow the mixture to cool. It will take approx half an hour for cooling. After cooling make medium size balls.
- These laddus can be stored for 8-10 days outside refrigerator.
- You may also add mava (khoa) to the mixture, however in that case the sugar syrup should be cooked till multiple thread consistency.
- Please ensure not to overcook the sugar syrup as it may lead to drying of the mixture after cooling. In case the mixture is dried, then make some additional sugar syrup with equal portion of sugar and water and pour it on the mixture.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 22 Oct 2014I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.