Osaman ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Osaman ( Gujarati Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57499 times
Osaman is a hot, liquid recipe akin to rasam, but not so spicy! the use of toovar dal water imparts a very comforting feel to this recipe. The dal used to make this recipe can later be utilised in other recipes like lachko dal. Enjoy osaman hot, with rice and lachko.
- Wash the dal, add 4 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Strain and keep the liquid aside. You will need only the liquid.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the cloves, cinnamon, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add the drained liquid, green chilli-ginger paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, kokum, jaggery and salt and pepper, mix well and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally in between.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.